Microsoft Ignite 2019 taking its last breath and its time to list some of the things that I found interesting.
- Multi factor authentication (MFA) is now a part of the free Azure AD subscription.
- Microsoft Intune and SCCM comes together at the New Microsoft Endpoint Manager (MEM) portal. (The SCCM web portal is awakening)
- Microsoft Azure Information protection now is able to use machine learning to classify documents. (Auto labelling).
- It is soon gonna be possible to get a device license for Office 365 Pro Plus instead of only user based license as we know it. (This could be used for kiosk/shared devices).
- Azure AD Connect cloud provisioning is a new lightweight agent to move identities from disconnected Active Directory (AD) forests to the cloud. (Previewing at the end of November) – Awesome!!
- Conditional Access gets report only mode (policy state that allows administrators to evaluate the impact of Conditional Access policies before enabling them in their environment).
- Microsoft Endpoint Manager – User-driven hybrid Azure Active directory join over the internet (It now supports VPN – Corporate network access from anywhere now).
- Defender ATP Is Coming To Linux In 2020.
- Desktop Analytics finding its home in Microsoft Endpoint Manager soon.
- Microsoft Authenticator is available to customers as part of the Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) free plan.
- Microsoft Compliance Score – Now in public preview.
- New Microsoft Edge – Microsoft announced that the next version of the Edge browser is nearly ready for prime time—with general availability planned for Jan. 15, 2020. The new Microsoft Edge is being built on Chromium OS, the same open-source project that powers Google Chrome.
For more information about main keynotes or other announcements check out my blog posting from day 1-4.
Happy deployment and see you next year.